Thursday, June 30, 2011



Time has been getting on, as it tends to. I know that I'm stuffed at the end of each day, but I can't remember all the stuff that's been happening.

My band had its first gig last Wednesday. It was super fun. We played at a music camp that has been going on for yonks (I went in grades 6 and 7) which is open to all Gold Coast state school students who play an instrument. There were about 200 of them there, plus about 10-15 teachers (3 of whom are in the band). The kids went berserk for us, even though we didn't play our best.
We've only been rehearsing every 4 weeks but we've stepped it up to fortnightly now.


That's me in the middle :)

Things with my stepdaughter have been ridiculously bad this week. I gave my husband an ultimatum when I was hormonal and very upset. Thankfully I felt better at the end of the day. Then T had a massive meltdown last night which resulted in DH taking her to her Gran's and trying to run off when they got there. She spent the night there and has cooled down. I'm seriously doubting my ability to cope much longer- 12 psychologist sessions for me and 18 for her haven't seemed to have made any difference.

Today I did a spot of op shopping. I was looking for jeans as the bargain pair I found the other day (Huntingbird [RRP $99] new with tags for $12!) are slightly too big for my non-existent ass.
I didn't find any jeans today, but I did find an awesome denim blazer, which I've been searching out for ages, for $9, and a super cute hand knit with adorable buttons. I just love the colour.



I've been keeping up with my sewing resolution of one project a week. Next week is MIL's birthday, and I'm making the Dapper Day Bag from the Sew Liberated book. I've been reading Meg's blog for almost three years, and I recently purchased both of her books. They are awesome. I'd better get a move on, though- all I've done is cut everything out and spend about an hour trying to make the cording before realising it was sheer folly with the narrow binding I had, so I have to start again.

No comments: