Thursday, October 14, 2010

Some facts about Elizabeth


Elizabeth looks nothing like me- I've finally realised and accepted this fact! She is a Mac, through and through. The only things she has inherited from me are my not-so-desirable characteristics: my pale skin; 'freaky long toes' as Himself calls them (second toes longer than big toes-quite common); inverted nipples (mine aren't any more, thanks to almost 2 years of a baby/breastpump pulling them out); and my teeny tiny frame.

She drinks approximately 900mL of expressed milk per day.

She sleeps for an average of 11 hours a night...unbroken! And no, I don't drug her!

She loves rolling around. As soon as she is put on the floor or a bed, over she goes!

She doesn't have any teeth yet. Jimmy had his first tooth around 7 months.

She isn't sitting up yet. Jimmy started sitting the day after his first tooth came through.
She does love to sit up and have her arms held for her to keep her steady.

She has way too many nappies. Another one is on its way to her (a girly frog one- HOW could I resist?) as well as 3 embroidered minky cuts, not to mention all the minky I already have. Ooops!

She is still wearing size 000 clothing, at 8 months of age! She wears 00 as well, but I'm trying to squeeze a little more wear out of the 000s!

The colour red really, really suits her. I think we may have to make it her signature colour!

She weighs between 6.5 and 7 kg (I think). Jimmy was at least a kilogram heavier at this age. She's so petite and sweet!

She is starting to eat a bit more food. She loves banana, rockmelon, brocolli, porridge with apples and boob milk, Weetbix with apples and boob milk, bolognese sauce...in fact, everything I offer her, she gobbles up.

Oh, I almost forgot this- she has a mild tongue tie, and a mild labial adhesion. I had never heard of the latter, and the former surprised me because so many doctors had poked around in her mouth without noticing it! The paediatrician didn't express any concern for either condition, and didn't recommend surgery.

She has terrible cradle cap that I haven't really worried about up until now, but it's getting worse, so I am treating it every day with almond oil.

Her favourite place to be is sitting on her mummy's hip. If I am not in her line of sight, she gets very cranky indeed.

She has the cheekiest grin I've ever seen, and her dimples melt my heart.

She thinks her big brother is the funniest thing in the world.

She is the most beautiful gift I could ever have asked for.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Kira had shocking cradle cap too, we ended up washing her hair every day and it got heaps better. It came back though, and both of them still have it, but much milder than it was!

Oh and don't diss pale skin! :P

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mommy observation post...she'll love to read it when she's older :)

Kat - TeamKitten said...

Hey dude, have you got the cradle crap sorted? Juni had it too and i tell ya - lather sobolene (sp?) cream on her head and leave it for a little bit, then wash off with a damp cloth - after about a week it will go, i noticed results after a few days.
I wasn't too worried about it, i just thought it would disappear but once i started seeing her actual scalp i got excited and she looks much better! hehe