Monday, October 11, 2010

Day one of healthier lunches


I did the grocery shopping today and bought loads of yummy vegies. I decided to stop buying tinned corn kernels, coz hey, it's not that hard to take the kernels off a cob. Into my Tupperware chopper-uppy-thing went cauliflower, broccoli, yellow capsicum, and mushrooms. I sauteed them all in some olive oil and garlic, then added some diced tomatoes and tomato paste. I decided to buy some tortellini as a special treat.



It was a hit for the first 5 or so minutes, until I made the mistake of asking him to use his spoon and not his fingers. He got the shits about that!



His little sister certainly enjoyed hers.



After some cajoling, I convinced Jimmy to sit down at his little yellow table (had to bribe him with the telly- we have it turned off during meals) and he managed to eat a bit more.

He ate most of his dinner tonight too- fish fingers, chips and Greek salad. And over this meal, my stepdaughter complained that the food I make is too healthy. WTF? It's not her fault though; her mother is in her ear all the time.

No comments: