Monday, May 31, 2010

Title-less

Had a pretty good day today. I managed to get two loads of washing done by 9:30 and had a couple of plays outside with Jimmy before a good friend turned up with her little boy. I haven't seen them for quite a while so it was great to catch up. She spoiled us rotten- yummy chockies and a bunch of lillies for me, a balloon and wooden puzzle for Jimmy, and a beautiful Seed cardi and hair clip for Elizabeth. The boys played together really well and it was lovely to sit out on the deck. I really do love the Gold Coast at this time of the year, and have vowed to spend more time outside, even if our backyard does resemble Darwin after it was hit by Cyclone Tracy.

In other news, I went out on Friday night. On the town. Yes, you read correctly.
The Broadbeach Blues Festival was on over the weekend and my good friend A asked if I wanted to go with her. I almost piked out because I was feeling sorry for myself, and I'm so glad I didn't.
It was nice to tart myself up and break in my brand new leather boots.
We walked around Broadbeach listening to all the bands and found a great one in a tiny little club that was absolutely packed full of people. It was an 8-piece band complete with tumpet, sax and harmonica. We couldn't see the singer over everyone's heads as he was sitting at the keyboard, but he had an awesome blues voice. When he stood up at the end his identity was revealed- Wiley Reed. He's quite a big name in Australian blues and I feel very priveleged to have seen him play. The poor old dear was attached to his dialysis machine for the whole gig. Now that's dedication to one's art!

I had a chat to the bassist and saxophonist. It was really good to talk music instead of babies for a change! The sax player thought I was trying to chat him up until he realised I knew what I was talking about.

Elizabeth has been a very happy little girl today. She has suddenly (in the last 5 or so days) started smiling heaps and making adorable cooing noises. She is so beautiful!

I have decided that after E's facial surgery, I am going to dedicate myself to establishing breastfeeding. I know it will be very hard, but I owe it to myself and my daughter to give it a good Aussie go. I'm thinking I might enlist the help of a private lactation consultant. I've tried feeding E a couple of times but she isn't really interested. I feel guilty that I didn't persevere in those first few weeks, but at the time I was focussing on getting her bulked up and it was just easier to feed her expressed milk.

Gotta go now, Desperate Housewives is on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey I loved reading this post and then I read your last paragraph and had the biggest smile on my face. Way to go hun, what an awesome decision. You know you have my support and help 100% of the way. I am also so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time out over the weekend you deserve you an amazing mumma. Much love x.