Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No whinging today

I have had some fairly serious stuff going on in my life for the last couple of days, but writing about it will take a year so I'm just going to tell you about my day.

First of all, today is what would have been my dad's 70th birthday. What a huge party he would have had. I have been searching like crazy for a photo taken at his 60th party of him, my sister and I but I can't find it anywhere. He looks so happy and healthy in it. I will have to find it and frame it because that is the way I want to remember him, not as the weak old man cruelly struck down by cancer at 65 years of age. It's quite scary how quickly an illness can age someone.

Today I dropped the kids of at the in-laws' house and headed off to Robina Town Centre with strict instructions to take my time and not hurry back. I got a haircut, posted a package, banked a cheque, had a coffee and two enormous scones with jam and cream, and did the grocery shopping. On the way to Woolworths I decided to look in a shoe store and saw some really nice brown boots that were on sale. I went inside to ask for my size and then spotted another (more expensive) pair and thought I may as well try them on too. I decided to buy the more expensive ones because I've never had leather boots and figure I deserve them. I've never spent that much on shoes ($160 marked down to $96) and I felt kind of guilty, but then I remembered that DH always tells me to buy whatever I want and I never do. So there. I bought leather boots and they're hot and I can't wait to wear them with my skinny jeans.

After I picked up the kids, I came home and put Jimmy to bed, gave E a bottle and popped her in the swing,and had a nice bowl of soup that my MIL made for me. My god, that woman is a life saver. Then I did heaps of housework and even had time to sort out and take photos of baby clothes to sell. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome day babe, you deserve it. Hugs to you for your dad. Much love to you!