Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some creations

Okay, so I've finished my change mat and filled the nappy bag with all of McBean's stuff ready for hospital! Here are the pics as promised.

The change mat and bag. I never, ever want to sew with bias tape again...unless someone gives me some tips on making it look not-retarded!



I think the change mat is a little on the short and skinny side. The one that I made for my friend's baby shower last week I made wider and it turned out a better size.



I think the two fabrics are so gorgeous!


I modified the bag quite a bit. The front pocket was just supposed to be open, and I added a zip. I still suck at zips but I'm getting there!

All of the pockets were suppoesed to be single layer, but I lined them for durability. I also used a snap instead of velcro on the tab, and put some snaps on the big inside pocket.

The bag is enormous, which is just what I wanted. My current nappy bag is always bulging with crap (maybe I have too much crap?). I would like it to be a bit sturdier. I used quite a heavy interfacing on the front, back and side panels but I think it needs something with a bit more substance.

Another project I've been working on- a handmade nappy/clothing swap on Bubhub forum. My recipient has a baby girl and a boy Jimmy's age. I decided to make a pair of long pants for the boy and a nappy for the girl. I really love the Honeyboy! nappy pattern, and wanted to try a small side-snapping one. I did a test run first and this was the result. It will be McBean's.

I love love LOVE dot minky! I got some cool green snaps last week and they look groovy.


I love this frog microchamois fabric- it's too cute! I really need to learn how to overlock properly, though, because as you can see, I'm not great at it.



This is the swap nappy. I decided to be tricky and use 2 fabrics for the outer. It was actually quite easy! I love the look of the lilac snaps on the white dot minky.



No comments: