Sunday, August 14, 2011

Raddest weekend for a while...

Our weekends have been depressingly boring of late, so it was nice to have a good one.

It started with a girls' night in on Friday with my three closest friends. We ate vegetarian laksa, drank wine, chatted and laughed our heads off. Unfortunately I had to leave at midnight so couldn't join in the slumber party :(, but it was fantastic to spend 5 hours with my favourite people.

On Saturday I taught my two flute students, then we rushed off to the carpet place before it closed at 11:30 to choose the carpet for our insurance claim. I actually ended up liking the one DH liked, which I originally said I hated. Then because it was such a nice day we decided to go down to the SPit and get some fish and chips from the famous fish-and-chippery down there. Unfortunately the queue was out the door, and the kitchen hadn't even opened yet, so we wondered over to Marina Mirage (a very posh shopping centre frequented by rich 'boaties') and looked for another F&C shop (which we didn't find). Then we went onto the marina and showed the kids all the boats. Some of them were ridiculously large and I had fun checking out all the rich, stilletto-wearing 'boat people' tottering over to their million-dollar yachts.

After that we went back to the F&C shop which by now had started serving and cooking, but the queue was still a Far Queue (geddit?). So we jumped in the car and drove along the esplanade towards Surfers looking for another one. We saw a billion Chinese, Indian and pizza takeaway places, but not one seafood! So DH suggested we just go to our favourite on in Miami and eat it at the park on the beach. So we did. It was awesome.

On the way home we looked at a prize home and bought a couple of tickets, then I made chicken and sweetcorn soup for the first time. It was super yummy and the kids loved it.

This morning we dropped the kids off at their grandparents' place and went to see Harry Potter. It was super! Afterwards we grabbed some sushi then went back to get the kids. When we got home I did some work on a big sewing order then just played with the kids all afternoon.

DH made rissoles, chips and salad for dinner, which was a big hit. Afterwards, Jimmy did a really stinky fart and told me it was because he'd eaten bumholes for dinner. Hahaha!!!

I've just done 15 minutes on the exercise bike and some abdominal and arm exercises, and now I'm off to do some more sewing. Goodnight!

P.S. After reading through this entry, our weekend wasn't exciting at all....but it was a happy one, and that's all I can ask for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend to me. Glad it made you happy, smile and laugh.