Thursday, April 14, 2011

Recipe: Raspberry brownies

A friend just asked me for the recipe for my famous brownies, so I thought I'd share it here!

It's actually from my Reader's Digest Eat Well, Live Well recipe book, but I've fiddled with it over the years to get a truly yummy slice!

They are super easy and you only need to use one bowl and a spoon.

1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup vege/ canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sifted plain flour
1/2 cup choc chips (I use dark and sometimes white as well)
3/4 cup raspberries

**Note- this is only enough to fill a square tin. I make mine in a large rectangular tray, and double all the measurements except the oil, sugar and brown sugar, which I just keep the same**

Preheat oven to 180 deg.
Grease tin/tray, or put a sheet of baking paper on it.
Stir water and cocoa in a bowl and let stand for 5 mins.
Stir in Oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
Add baking powder and flour and stir for 2 mins.
Fold in choc chips and raspberries.
Pour into tin and spread evenly with a spatula.
Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Cool for minimum of 10 minutes, cut into squares or rectangles, and scoff!

Go on, make them! I dare ya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How yummy...have to make these!!!