Friday, April 1, 2011

Our 4th anniversary



Yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary.


DH had told me he was taking me away for the night, but he didn't tell me where- just that it was secluded and far away from everything. I thought how nice it would be to go to The Mouses House .
Lo and behold, we got into the car and he handed me a leaflet for the very same place and said, "That's where we're going!" Woohoo!

We arrived around 2:30pm. It was very cold in Springbrook and silly me hadn't brought any warm clothes. It was drizzling lightly so it was hard navigating the slippery boardwalk to our chalet. All of the chalets are named after characters from Snow White, and ours was Bashful.




It was stunningly beautiful inside- cosy, inviting, and romantic.



Here is a quick rundown on what we did:
-Spa bath
-Shag
-Watched Toy Story 3
- Dinner
-Spa bath
-Shag
-Sleep (accidentally, at about 8pm)
-Woke up at 10:30pm, went back to sleep
-Woke up at 6
-Watched Harry Brown
-Breakfast
-Shag

:)

Yep, it was just what we needed- both for ourselves and as a couple. The past few months have been so stressful for us and this one night away has done so much for us. Firstly, we got to sleep through the night without being woken 5 times. There were no chores to worry about- no gardening, no washing. No phones ringing. I felt truly relaxed for the first time in a long time and discovered that I actually do have a libido, after all.

So after we checked out, we decided to have a little drive around Springbrook as DH has never been there. It is stunningly beautiful. We drove to Best of All Lookout and did the 350m walk to the lookout in the pouring rain. We saw some amazing Antarctic Beeches on the way, but there was no view at the lookout- just dense cloud. It was quite spooky and amazing to look at but we only got to see it for 2 seconds because it was just too wet to stay there.

When we got back to the car, the remote wouldn't work, so we couldn't disarm the alarm to start the car. We spent 20 minutes faffing around with a screwdriver to get the battery out, only to discover there was nothing wrong with the battery- the insides of the remote had gotten wet. Then I looked down at my legs and saw all these little black wormy things on them, and a big fat one attached to my ankle. I got out of the car and shouted, "I'm fucking covered in leeches!!!" (Creepy crawlies don't really bother me, with the exception of cockroaches and leeches). It took me ages to get the buggers all off- they are like velcro.
By that time, the remote had dried out a bit and started working properly. We were both soaking and I was freezing. I snuggled up with Elizabeth and Jimmy's blankets that we keep in the car, then jumped straight in the shower when we got home, after giving my babies lots of hugs and kisses.

I've already told DH that from now on, we are going back to the Mouses House instead of giving eachother presents. He didn't argue ;)








1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sorry I had to laugh. Very naughty of me. But I had this image in my head of your and the leaches :) I'm envious of your romantic weekend. It sounds like bliss (apart from the leaches)