Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Some recent creations


This is my grand total of FOs for the last two or three months. I very rarely get (or make) the time to sew lately. I plan to change that. I always seem to have 3 or 4 works in progress at a time, and I need to just concentrate on one before I move onto another. First up is Elizabeth's Christmas outfit. I love the dress pattern. It is actually a top- the dress would have come down to Elizabeth's ankles! I prefer dresses that skim over the bum for babies and toddlers, both for ease of crawling and nappy-showoffability!

I actually made another dress from this pattern the week after I finished it, but didn't take photos. I plan to make another one soon, modifying it to be fully reversible, and with snaps at the shoulders instead of a zipper on the back.



A nappy for Kristie's bub. This was my first time doing applique on a nappy. It would have turned out better if I could actually draw a mushroom!



It wasalso my first attempt at a cotton panel, AND adjustable rise! Kristie assures me that the nappy is performing well.



And these are some shorts for Kristie's bub, made using fabric she sent me. It's so cute! I made an adjustable waistband for the first time. I really need to learn to ask for help or research when I attempt new techniques instead of making it up as I go along!



This was my 2nd attempt at an adjustable rise nappy. I just can't seem to get the legs to roll inwards, but I'm very happy with everything else. The fit is awesome, and my booster system is super thirsty. I use a double layer snap in trifold, and a double layer, fleece topped hourglass snapped onto the trifold.



Elizabeth's cot quilt. It was bloody hard work. Yet again, my first real attempt at a quilt, and yet again, I made it up as I went along. It looks very pretty, just don't look at the fine details!



Jimmy's quilt cover and pillow cases. This was really hard too. I'm sure he'll love it.

I wanted to make a quilt cover for T but ran out of time and patience, so I bought her one from Spotlight with cute Japanese dolls on it that I saw her eyeing off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey I think you should look back on all that you have done this year and be very proud.