Monday, January 11, 2010

Pregnancy update


I'm 32ish weeks now.

I really can't believe I have ONLY been pregnant for this long- it feels like an eternity! It's not that I haven't enjoyed being pregnant- far from it, actually. I'm feeling great physically. I've been getting up between 5:30 and 6:30 every morning, walking with Jimmy and the dog, then eating a very healthy breakfast of muesli with LSA, pepitas, sunflower seeds, homemade yoghurt and fresh fruit on top. Yummo! I don't get tired at all, in fact I have to force myself to go to bed at 10pm because I want to get a good night's sleep. My feet haven't been sore, I've had no heartburn, no crippling nighttime leg cramps, no nausea.

I have, however, been quite cranky and emotional. I am blaming it all on wanting to have a break from my stepdaughter. I don't know if that is actually the reason, or if my hormones are just messing with my brain. All I know is that I can't wait for school to start again.

McBean is moving heaps (as I type these words!) and seems to be lying in an oblique position. My doctor furrowed his brow when he confirmed this last week. He said something along the lines of "There's nothing to be concerned about just now- we'll keep an eye on it". I just shrugged my shoulders and said that there's plenty of time, and that Jimmy was exactly the same. I remember how worried I was last time that I would need a caesarean if Jimmy didn't turn...now, I couldn't care less. For me to consent to a caesarean, my life or that of my baby would have to be in grave danger. Sorry, but to me a breech birth is not something to worry about.

I've started washing all of the teeny tiny little nappies. I might make a few more if I have time after I've finished all the other projects on my to-do list. Tonight I cut out my pattern pieces for a nappy bag I'm going to make. I got the most gorgeous fabrics from Spotlight yesterday and I think it's going to look amazing.

I have an appointment at the hospital next Monday. I don't even know what it's for. I think I might be having a scan or something? Meh.

It kind of saddens me that this may well be my last pregnancy (unless we win Lotto and can afford to extend our house which, considering I've never played Lotto in my life, is about as likely to happen as the Pope converting to Judaism). I just love everything about pregnancy- the ripeness of my body, the kind smiles from strangers, being fussed over, the amazing feeling of the baby moving around inside me....ah, bliss.

I always wanted 3 children, but decided I only wanted 2 when I met DH. I think I would probably feel differently if T didn't live here. But who knows? I may change my mind. DH has mentioned a few times that he wants another one, which surprised me heaps!

No comments: