Sunday, December 13, 2009

Big boy bed and more sewing


Well, I've been telling DH for a few weeks that I'd like to move Jimmy out of his cot and into a bed so that he is used to it by the time McBean comes. Yesterday was the day that we decided to do it, so DH went and bought a mattress, cleaned the bed frame (which has been stored in various garages since he was still with T's mum) and put it together.

Unfortunately, once it was all put together and we tried to fit the bed rail that my friend loaned us, we discovered it didn't fit the bed due to the wooden frame that runs down the bed. We just decided to put a pillow on the edge of the bed and the cot mattress next to the bed in case of any accidents, and hoped for the best.

I went out to a friend's art show before Jimmy's bedtime and was hoping that everything would go fine. Hmmmmm....I got home at 9pm and DH told me that Jimmy had only just fallen asleep, after almost 2 hours of crying and DH lying down with him.

He woke up at 10:30, 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30. The first two times I had to lie with him for ages until he calmed down and fell asleep. The third time I changed his nappy and turned on his night light, and he fell asleep much quicker. The fourth time I just went, gave him a kiss and cuddle, and he fell asleep again. I think all up I got about 4 hours of sleep so I am verrrrry tired.

DH went to Bummings today and bought a big sheet of craftwood, drilled heaps of ventilation holes in it, and made a bed rail. It looks awesome, and so far, I think it has done the trick. I put Jimmy in bed about 20 minutes ago, read him a book, and said goodnight. He gave one tiny little tired cry that last for less than one second, and I haven't heard a peep from him since. Hopefully we will both have a good sleep tonight.

I finally got to do a bit of sewing yesterday. I finished off a pair of pants to go with the bucket hat I made for DH's cousin's younger son, and whipped up a pair of pyjamas for Jimmy. The pyjama fabric is sooooo cute- it has little dachsunds all over it and was a bargain at only $4/m. I put a dachsund-shaped applique on the singlet.

No comments: