Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy birthday to my beautiful boy

Jimmy turned 2 on Wednesday.

I can't believe how quickly those two years have gone, and how much light and laughter he has brought to our lives. He is the funniest little kid I have ever seen, and so loveable. He adores his sisters and cries of "Wake up, Tiffy!" and "Hello, Lizzie!" are heard every day. I feel so much love for him that I think my heart will burst.

From us, he got an easel, a wooden cube puzzle, 2 pairs of shoes, and a pair of pants with cool owl fabric detail and matching applique t-shirt which I made for him.




Today we had a little party for him. I called it a Clayton's party- the party you have when you're not having a party. Basically I invited a few friends to the Botanic Gardens and asked them to bring food, so all we had to do was make a cake and turn up. Easy! It was a great day. He loved his dinosaur cake, which I baked and Daddy decorated. He got some really lovely presents from his friends.






This morning he did his first poo on the potty- with no prompting at all from us! He said, "Potty gone?" and I told him where it was, he sat on it and when he got up there was a lovely Mr Hankey in it! Much excitement and slapping of high fives ensued, and I took a photo of him standing next to the potty (which I'm not going to post- I'm sure no-one else wants to look at his poo!). My little boy is growing up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake is fabulous :D
Such precious children you have hon

Kez said...

Lol soo funny re. poo shot, looks like he had a wonderful day and doen't little lizzie look too cute in her little knitted dress :)